Peter Fallow -- Bizarro World Romenesko!!

If there were ever a time for an arrogant, drunken, lazy, ethically challenged and totally fictitious reporter to comment on the state of journalism, it is now!

Thursday, May 20, 2004

A good idea is a good idea ... forever

I've always agreed with that David Brent truism, and I've always tried to apply it to my own work. It appears that my colleagues at the New York Observer feel the same way, too.

According to Gawker, this piece from the Observer about making your own Thomas Friedman column "borrowed" quite liberally from this piece from McSweeney's.

This would be a bigger deal if anybody actually read the New York Observer or McSweeney's. As for me, I say, what's wrong with a little borrowing among Professional Journalists?

If we recycle an idea, or lift a quote from another source without crediting it, or plagiarize, you can trust us, because we Professional Journalists have always had a monopoly on good ideas.

And you know how long a good idea remains a good idea ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home